Sunday, August 28, 2011

Alyce's Adventures in Aunthood Part One

I'm going to be an aunt in January, and I am super excited. I won't get to meet my niece or nephew (my sister and brother-in-law don't know the gender of the baby yet) until June but that has not stopped me from shamelessly exploring the baby sections of Target and looking at all of the adorable children's clothes.

Knit sweaters with skulls, little cardigans with felt flowers, onesies with weird sayings and just everything else that babies may or may not need.

The sweaters with the skulls are what get me every time. They are so small and adorable and I cannot stand it to be quite honest. It's hard for me to imagine that we, I, everyone, were once that small, too. Before we could speak and type and sing, we were incredibly incredibly small. And our world is incredibly incredibly big.

Anyway.
I have found a couple things that I think are adorable and that this child needs, even if my sister may not agree with me, lol whoops, but I'm so excited to be an aunt it's ridiculous.


Okay. These bibs are adorable for two main reasons.
  1. My brother-in-law is a Major in the US Army, so OMG SO PERFECT IT'S RIDICULOUS. THE LITTLE CAMOUFLAGE? KILL. ME. NOW.
  2. My sister's biggest thing for the nursery is elephants and LOOK. AN ELEPHANT. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. SO GREAT.
MUST. HAVE. NOW. I, personally, am all for gender-neutral items. These are intended for a boy, but okay: Women can be in the army as well. Little girls can be Grandma's Little Hero just as much as those little boys can. I am just saying.


There's a music collection called "Rockabye Baby!" and they produce albums with popular rock songs transformed into lullabies. Their collections include songs by Kanye West, Madonna, The Beatles and U2 and many more, and OMG. I'm obsessed with this version of "Don't Stop Believing", I mean, it's so beautiful and I bet if I closed my eyes right now I would fall asleep instantly.

Okay. That's all for now. Later skaters.
xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment